The International Korfball Federation (IKF) is looking to recruit a new Administrative Coordinator and Competition Liaison for its organization and encourages all those that are interested and capable to apply.
The IKF is seeking talented individuals to join our dedicated team. This team collaborates to advance the IKF’s mission and uphold the spirit of korfball worldwide.
If you are passionate about sports administration, event management, and contributing to the success of a global sports organisation, we invite you to explore this opportunity below.
Join the IKF team as an Administrative Coordinator based in our Lisbon office. In this role, you will play a key part in ensuring the smooth functioning of our operations and managing international competitions. If you have a background in administration, a passion for sports, and excellent organisational skills, we want to hear from you!
1. Collaborate with the CEO, Executive Committee, and committees.
2. Support IKF’s overall goals and mission.
3. Ensure effective communication and coordination.
4. Contribute to process improvement.
5. Manage daily communication with stakeholders, ensuring effective and timely updates, and oversee agenda and appointments to ensure smooth coordination.
6. Managing the communication process related to IKF events.
7. Oversee grants, covering preparation, writing applications, project management, and evaluation reports related to the countries’ activities.
8. Support the IKF strategy development process and contribute to governance and compliance tasks.
9. Handle additional tasks as assigned by CEO and Executive Committee.
1. Relevant academic background in Administration, Sports Management, or a related field.
2. Previous experience in administrative roles, preferably in sports organisations.
3. Strong organisational skills and the ability to thrive in dynamic environments.
4. Good interpersonal skills and a preference for teamwork.
5. Sense of responsibility, proactivity, and excellent organisational abilities.
6. Strong communication skills, both oral and written. Fluency in spoken and written English.
7. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
1. Competitive salary.
2. Opportunity to be involved in thrilling international sports events.
3. Continuous professional development.
4. Collaborative work environment.
We invite you to submit your application, including a motivation letter and CV, electronically. All applications in English should be directed to the IKF CEO, Joana Faria, at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than January 15, 2024.
Thank you for considering a career with the International Korfball Federation. We look forward to reviewing your applications and welcoming selected talents to the next phase of the process.
About the International Korfball Federation
Established in 1933, the International Korfball Federation (IKF) stands as the global governing body for korfball, the unique mixed-gender team sport that originated over 110 years ago in the Netherlands. Embracing inclusivity, korfball is played on all five continents, showcasing its universal appeal. Currently overseeing over 70 member countries, the IKF anticipates controlled growth in the years ahead. As we embark on a transformative journey, exciting strategic initiatives are underway, encompassing the development of new events and disciplines, and innovative digital strategies.
Recognised by the International Olympic Committee, the IKF proudly holds memberships in ARISF, IWGA, and SportAccord. Our commitment to fair play is reflected in anti-doping rules that align with the World Anti-Doping Code.
Functioning as a predominantly volunteer-driven organisation, the IKF is supported by a dedicated administrative team which serves as the nerve center for daily activities, coordinating efforts in Competitions, Refereeing, Development and Education, Marketing, Planning and Control, Administration, and Public Relations.
Volunteers form the backbone of the IKF, contributing to various committees and events that drive elite competitions, educational courses, and development activities. Their efforts are geared not only towards the sport’s excellence but also promoting principles of health and fairness.
Now, as we continue to expand and enhance our operations, we are seeking talented individuals to join our dedicated team. This dedicated team collaborates to advance the IKF’s mission and uphold the spirit of korfball worldwide.
If you are passionate about sports administration, event management, and contributing to the success of a global sports organisation, we invite you to explore this opportunity to join IKF asan Administrative Coordinator and Competition Liaison.