IKF European Korfball Championship 2016
October 22, 2016 @ 2:00 pm - October 30, 2016 @ 3:30 pm
In the period 22 - 30 October 2016 the Royal Dutch Korfball Organisation (KNKV) organize the next IKF EKC.
Ten (10) European countries participate in this final round.
The ranked numbers 1 - 6 in the last IKF EKC in 2014 in Portugal qualified already:
- Netherlands - NED
- Belgium - BEL
- Portugal - POR
- England - ENG
- Czech Republic - CZE
- Russia - RUS
Four (4) more qualify after the IKF EKC 1st rounds in Nitra, Slovakia and Saint Etienne, France from 3 - 5 June 2016.
[UPDATE] The other 4 countries that have achieved qualification after IKF EKC 1st Rounds are:
- Catalonia - CAT
- Germany - GER
- Poland - POL
- Turkey - TUR
Following the draw 6 June 2016 in Dordrecht (The Netherlands), the pools are:
|POOL A||POOL B|
|The Netherlands (NED)||Belgium (BEL)|
|Catalonia (CAT)||England (ENG)|
|Germany (GER)||Portugal (POR)|
|Russia (RUS)||Czech Republic (CZE)|
|Turkey (TUR)||Poland (POL)|
The match schedule for the IKF European Korfball Championship 2016 (adjusted 23 September 2016; some match times on Wednesday 26 and finals day 30 October):
All times from 22 - 29 October in GMT + 2 (summer time)
All times 30 October in GMT + 1.
IKF EKC Event Rules:
- All days, except Saturday 29 October, 4 * 10 minutes Real Playing Time (RPT)
- Saturday 29 October 4 * 7.5 minutes RPT
- There will be a break of one (1) minute between quarters one and two and again between quarters three and four
- Half time after Q2 shall be 10 minutes.
- Each team will be allowed one (1) time out which can be requested at any time when play is stopped
- Each team will be allowed a maximum of 8 (reversible) substitutions
- Half Time - after Q2 - 10 minutes
- If scores are level after the end of normal time a “Golden Goal” period of extra time shall be played with a maximum length of 10 minutes RPT.
- If there is no winner after the “Golden Goal” period, then the match shall be determined by penalties with all eight players from the end of the “Golden Goal” period taking penalties.
|Day 1||Saturday 22-Oct||4 * 10 min RPT|
|Day 2||Sunday 23-Oct||4 * 10 min RPT|
|Day 3||Monday 24-Oct||4 * 10 min RPT|
|Day 4||Tuesday 25-Oct||4 * 10 min RPT|
|Day 5||Wednesday 26-Oct||4 * 10 min RPT|
|Pool C||Pool D|
|C1||Nr. 1 A||D1||Nr. 1 B|
|C2||Nr. 2 A||D2||Nr. 2 B|
|C3||Nr. 3 A||D3||Nr. 3 B|
|C4||Nr. 4 A||D4||Nr. 4 B|
|C5||Nr. 5 A||D5||Nr. 5 B|
|Day 7||Friday 28-Oct||4 * 10 min RPT|
|Pool E||Pool F|
|E1||Winner 21||F1||Loser 21|
|E2||Winner 22||F2||Loser 22|
|E3||Winner 23||F3||Loser 23|
|Day 8||Saturday 29 Oct||4 * 7.5 min RPT|
|Day 9||Sunday 30 Oct||4 * 10 min RPT|
|11.30||32||Loser 25||Loser 24||Bronze medal match|
|13.30||33||Winner 25||Winner 24||IKF EKC FINAL|